Friday, June 20, 2008

Wrapping up

Well we are wrapping up the two week work trip today. We leave Cochabamba at 12 today and everyone leaves out of Santa Cruz at 11 tonight. I am really going to miss this group. They have been such a great group to be with. Hard working and very welcoming. There wasn´t a time with this group that I felt out of place.

Last night was yet another exciting experience. One of the Bolivians who works with us has a band on the side. His group came to the hotel to play for us. As they were playing, the church showed up. We had 40+ people in an apartament style room. I was fortunate enough to get one or two on video but I have to wait till my battery charger is here before I get it online. Hopefully I can put it on here, if not, maybe some pictures.

We didn´t eat supper till 10 last night, by that time, I was just ready for bed. I didn´t even finish half my plate. Everyone was confused. (If you know me, I can almost always finish my plate and maybe someone else´s.) I even passed on ice cream.

As for the seminary, we didn´t "officially" finish the job, we were three rows off. But we actually, did about 3 times as much as they expected us to get done. I am just glad it´s over without more injury. We had a number of aches and pains down here. Bruised wrist, appendicitst (sp?), bummed elbows, jammed fingers, sore backs, and other similar pains. We sure kept the doctor busy. Even still, God was with us the whole time and we all grew out of this experience.

As for me, I will be back in Santa Cruz this next week and then we leave for a missionary retreat the first week of July. I have to lead the youth sessions for the retreat. Time to get started on the planning. After the retreat, there has been mention of being on another work trip before I start at the school in late July or early Aug.

Pray for safe travels and easy adjustment into my next assignment.

God Bless
Jon

1 comment:

Jon said...

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?!?!?!?!?!?