Monday, October 27, 2008

Teaching and an upcoming event

The other weekend we had a work team come out from the local church that I go to (Quail Lakes Baptist Church). (and on another side note, I found someone yesterday at the church who grew up Mennonite, just thought I would add that)Later in the week, I received a phone call from the jr high leader, he wanted to know if I would be willing to teach Sunday school this Sunday. I figured I would give it a shot, if it works out then maybe I will have some sort of connection with the church…and if not, I am only here another two months and they have plenty of other people to ask (the church is around 1,200 people). Sunday went great, I thought the kids interacted well. I used an idea from when I was in Bolivia. We were going through a book by Max Lucado called It’s Not About Me, and I used some stuff out of a chapter that talks about how we were made to glorify God and we looked at Isaiah’s calling in Isaiah 6. We talked about the stages that Isaiah went through in order to be transformed into God’s servant so that he could glorify God and what does that transformation mean to us today. If you haven’t read Lucado’s book, I recommend it.

This Friday we are taking the kids to a fall party at QLBC. The theme that they put together is Trunk or treat. I guess people drive their cars in and decorate them like Bible story themes and kids go from car trunk to car trunk to get candy. They also have a super cool guy coming. He rips phone books, smashes pop cans in his hands, bends steel bars, and other cool stuff. He also is a devote Christian and travels around sharing the Gospel to youth. It’s going to be fun!

As part of the college course I am in, I have to keep a time log for two weeks. I find that to be kind of annoying. I hate having to check the time every time I change to a new task. And besides, I don’t really want to know how much time I waste. That makes me feel like a bum. I have also decided that I really should get started on homework for school. It’s not that I am real far behind, I just would rather get it done so I don’t have it hovering over me in December.

Well that’s all for now. I hope to take my camera with me to the fall party, get some cool shots for everyone to enjoy.

Blessings

No comments: