Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hockey and Visiting Austin


On Saturday I had the privilege of going to a hockey game here in Stockton. The house was full as the crowd was estimated at 9,700 people. It was a good time but unfortunately the local team fell 3-1. You can see the pictures and some video clips on the right hand side of my blog. The ice was colored pink and the Thunder (Stockton’s team) were dressed in white and pink to commemorate the fight for breast cancer. It was great to see the local team support a great cause and the community rallied behind them and sold out the arena.

Today I took a two hour trip down to Fresno to visit Austin Pettigrew. We went out for lunch at the local Vietnamese restaurant. I have never had Vietnamese food before so it was yet another new experience. I order a dish that was pretty much a noodle soup with several different meats in it. I’ve had shrimp, crab, and pork before but not squid and fish balls. (not sure how to describe them) Kinda chewy? I could of passed on them but hey you have to try it before you say you don’t care for it.

I guess I should back up and explain who Austin is. He is a senior at Huntington and is majoring in sports and rec ministry. He spent the summer working at a camp in southern Cali. He is currently continuing his internship in Fresno working with World Impact. They are heavily involved with church planting in several cities in the western states. Austin spends a lot of time interacting with the various church groups and youth in the area. It was great to meet up with another classmate and talk about how things are going.

After a two and a half week trip up to Oregon and Washington, Bob and Lisa (the directors) are back from vacation. I am glad to see them refreshed and ready to get back to work. It is exciting to have them back in the office again.

-pray for school. I have a month to finish a lot of work.
-pray for Thanksgiving season. We have a lot of work to get done so that we will be ready to distribute holiday food boxes.

Blessings

No comments: