Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Welcome

Just so everyone knows. I will being going to Santa Cruz, Bolivia starting May 28ish. (Haven't confirmed the date yet) It is a part of a requirement for graduation at Huntington University. Ministry majors are required to participate in a program called Practical Research and Immersion through Ministry Effectiveness (PRIME). It is a 7 mo. internship and I get 14 credit hours for it. Because I am a double major (youth ministry and missions), I had to find a place that would cover both majors. I will be working through World Gospel Mission at the Santa Cruz Christian Learning Center.

Basically my role during the summer will be to help the mission organization anyway they can use me. Once school starts in Aug. I will be working with Mike Banks, (the school chaplain) developing the spiritual lives of the youth in grades 7-12. I'm looking forward to the opportunity!

At this point, I am in the middle of finishing projects for school and wrapping up fundraising. THANK YOU all who have supported me through prayer and financially! I won't disappoint you. If you haven't supported me and would like to help out, give me a shout and I'll be sure to respond quickly.

To wrap up this first blog, I ask that you pray for:
-God will provide the resources to fund this ministry.
-God to continue to prepare me mentally for the extended time away from family and friends.
-God to prepare the hearts of youth in Bolivia to seek him in life.

God Bless!


Jon

"Blessed are all who fear the LORD, who walk in his ways. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours." Psalms 128:1-2

No comments: